Sunday, July 8, 2012

Its been a long time....

Its been a little while since I've posted on this blog...You can say I got a little out of habit of posting.
I ran my first real 5k on Memorial day.  I am not proud of my time which was around 44 minutes or so, but there were so many people and I spend half of my time looking for my nine year old son who kept running off and leaving me, which ended up with him falling and getting hurt a couple of times) and yet he still finished behind me.  My next big feat. is the Warrior Dash in Nashville in September.  Im hoping I'll do better on that run, but since its a lot of mud and a lot of obstacles, I doubt I'll finish any earlier than the last time.
I've ran into a little bit of an injury which has left my running at a stand still.  I've managed to hurt my Achilles Tendon on my left foot, which makes it impossible to run without pain.  I haven't ran in almost 2 weeks and it's driving me crazy.
I have been doing a small amount of strength training at the gym though.
I hope everyone had an amazing July 4.  Our family went to the beach, and my husband and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary a couple of weeks early by renewing our vows, with our children involved.
We had the awesome Luft Creative as our photographers, and of course, I designed/sewed mine and the girls dresses.  A really good friend of mine helped out with designing and making all the flowers (bouquet, the girls wrist corsages, the guys boutonnieres and the hair accessories.  –Fancy Feet Flip Flops    The photographer even wrote up a blog with a few sneak peeks, which I have to share, so please take a small look....
http://luftcreative.com/blog/kalli-alba
We had a really great time.  My parents even were able to come down to the beach for a few days before they went out to visits my brothers and their wives.
All in all it was a really great trip.   We love the beach and try to go as often as possible.  Few things in life are better than watching the waves
roll in while my kids run and play in the sand and surf.
Even the youngest one enjoyed it this time and waded out into the water. Although Little A did spend a lot of time covering her legs in the sand and throwing sand at the rest of us.  Sitting on the balcony over looking the ocean, while reading a good book on my kindle and enjoying a cup of coffee is one of my favorite things to do while at the beach, but digging my feet into the sand is my most favorite. 
Its hard not to be in awe of God’s amazing creations when surrounded by so much beauty of the sunrises and sunsets over the gorgeous emerald coast.


Until I write again, remember to hug your kids and your spouse (if you have them) if not give yourself a hug.
Smile as much as you can.....and Thank God for everything you have....
"If you woke up today with ONLY the things you thanked God for yesterday, what would you have?"

God Bless you all and I hope the Heat hasn't been to hard on you all this summer.........

No comments:

Post a Comment