Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Clean eating Challenge

Since my small injury to my Achilles Tendon has left me unable to run for a few more weeks (Im hoping only a few more weeks) I have decided to take on a challenge of my eating habits.
If you know me, personally, you know that I honestly can not LIVE without a pizza. A big, fattening, greasy, carb filled pepperoni and cheese pizza with a side of Ranch dressing.  When I get weak, I want Pizza. Its like I crave it...(I do, actually.. Crave it).

So on of our Moms Run This town boards, someone posted about an Eat Clean Challenge.. I've been looking into this more and more and have become seriously disgusted with what I have found out about what is in our foods. Then I went on and started researching the different artificial colorings/dyes and such that are in our foods and what they can/do to our bodies and our childrens' bodies in general. It affects your health, mood, out look, etc.

So I am going to participate in this challenge. I've done a little experiment on my own and I have found that on the days that I eat "clean foods" I weigh less, I feel better.  I have been eating somewhat clean off and off for the past two weeks. I give in a good bit (to a pizza now and then) but I do feel better.  My skin is clearer and I feel that my thoughts are not as clouded.  The best part is.. I haven't been hungry.  How can I eat to healthy and so little and not be hungry..  We'll I guess that is the power of eating small meals every 2-3 hours..

So, Who's going to join me for a Clean Eating Challenge in August?
Here is the link to the site so you can sign up too!
http://www.runtothefinish.com/2012/07/Clean-Eating-Challenge.html

No comments:

Post a Comment