Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fall Beginnings

I know I haven't posted since July, and I can come up with a thousand excuses, but I'm not.  I just didn't get around to posting. That's my final and honest answer.

So what's been going on since the last time I posted..
Well... My husband and I just made a trip to Talladega, where he ran a Half Marathon.  Only two weeks after he ran his FIRST 5k.  Sound's crazy, right?  It is.  No lie there, but he did it! He ran the entire half, without stopping and made excellent time at 2 hours and 12 minutes.

I didn;t do so well on my 5k part but I did ok. I clocked in at 39 minutes.
Our nine year old completed his 2nd 5k since May and our almost 8 year old has taken up running as well.
Their Choice-  They love running now and make a point to go outside and run a mile or more every couple of days.  Our 2 year old like to try and chase them.

I really want to touch on something that has become a huge pet peeve of mine.....
People that constantly complain about wanting to change their life, needing to change their life, SAYING that they are changing their life, but its not working....BUT they are really just sitting there....Pretending to do all of the above..

If you really want to change your life, get healthy, then do it! If you are having a hard time, don't kill yourself over it. Everyone has those days. NO ONE SAID IT WAS GOING TO BE EASY!

Lets say your goal is to .."stop eating so much fast food".. Then do it.  Take a snack in your car with you when you are out, so when you are tempted to run through the drive thru, just because you see the sign and think "that' will taste good"-take out your healthy snack, KEEP YOUR MIND STRONG, and munch on that.

IF you want to exercise- DO IT.  You don't have to join a gym.  Start by walking in your neighborhood or even around your house.
Let me tell you this: 6 months ago, I couldn't even RUN for 2 minutes without being out of breath and stopping.. I even had a NINE week break from running/jogging to let my foot heal from an Achilles Tendon Injury, but NOW I can run an entire 5k WITHOUT stopping. (That's 3.1 miles for all of you that didn't already know that).. In fact, I can actually RUN 3 1/2 miles without stopping.-Maybe more.
I just PUSH myself because I know that If I don't ...NO ONE ELSE WILL.

I can't blame my kids, or my husband, or my parents, or my friends for ME not choosing to be healthy. I am the ONLY one in charge of the food I eat, and the exercise I do. I am the only one that is going to reach MY goals. NO ONE ELSE is able to do that for me.

That being said=-I eat junk food.. ALL THE TIME... I can't just GIVE it up.  In fact, I'm just as guilty as the next person for eating fast food. I am HORRIBLE at eating pizza several times a week.---But I am cutting back. SLOWLY.  -I even planned out an entire menu for my family this week and guess whats NOT on the list- Pizza!   What is on the list.. Yummy delicious, HEALTHY versions of Taco's, Chicken n Dumplings, Crock Pot Chicken, Sandwiches, etc.. and YES I still drink Soda's... But I've cut back a lot from the days where that was ALL I would drink.

Do you have cans of food lying around?   You can use those in the place of hand held waits. It may not be a lot, but its something.  You can do squats while watching tv, or cooking in the kitchen.  You can do to lifts while washing dishes (for those of you that do not depend on a dishwasher to do it all).  You can exercise while mopping or vacuuming.  You may look funny dancing around while doing it, but who cares!  Have a little fun with it.

When I run, and I look over at my gps tracker to see that I've hit a mile, or a half mile, or two miles. I just start smiling and telling myself that I will NOT quit!  My MIND may be saying quit, but my body is more than willing to go that extra mile!

Don't listen to the negatives in your life that tell you that you can't do it!  Turn your CAN'T into CAN and change your life.

Every small change, over time added together turns into a HUGE change!  YOU CAN reach your goals.

No, whether your goal is to gain weight, build muscle, loose weight, maintain weight, eat healthier, or even just to make your skin look better......There are ways you can get help without destroying your insides.
Click here to see how we can create a plan just for you.  Or you can click Here to see even more.
Let's just start by helping you make healthier choices!  (I'm right there with you).... A little change over time, is a HUGE change over all...... Rome wasn't built in a day.. You are NOT going to see change immediately, but give it time, and you will....Your body will thank you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment