Saturday, September 22, 2012

Challenges

I should have posted this the beginning of September, when I started it.  You can probably use this for any month though, there are always health and Fitness challenges out there.
During the Month of September I started seriously working on my butt and thighs.  I cant count the number of lunges and squats that Ive done, and there have been days where it was hard to walk, and especially hot to sit, but I made it through.  I've even got something to help you get through those painful days a little bit easier.
I'm posting a picture of a challenge from a site that I visit a lot on Facebook.  I got this from Health and Fitness Chick.   This lady is a Killer Workout Lady.   She's got some awesome stuff going on.

Okay, I do NOT only do the workout's in this challenge. This is just like a mini workout. (I have done this on several occasions while the kids were eating breakfast and getting ready for school.  I also do an entirely different workout that includes Dead Leg Lifts, more squats and lunges, side lunges, side squats, bridges, donkey kicks, one leg squats, etc.  On top of all this, I am consistently running almost everyday. I normally run at least 3.1 miles, but some days I go 3 1/2.  Of course, there are a few days, where I only make it 2 miles.  -But hey, at least I'm doing it, right.   GOT Young kids?  No problem, put them in a stroller and start walking.. Heck, At the Talladega Half and 5k, I saw people RUNNING pushing their kids in an Umbrella stroller.. As long as its a flat road like surface, this isn't a problem, but if you want to be extra safe and don't want the child to asborb all the shock, check out craigslist and look into buying a used Jogging Stroller.  Or a new one if you have the funds for it!.

Okay, so Earlier I mentioned something that can help you get through those days where you are hurting so bad you can barely walk from your awesome workout the day before.  Well first off, SLEEP, but don't stop working out!  Keep it up. PUSH through the pain. -But this will help cut your sore time down..Nightime Recovery   If you want something to start immediate after your workout, you can try this: Post Workout Recovery.
Also, make sure you are eating foods that will HELP your workout, not hinder your workout. This is one of the hardest parts for me. I love food. I love junk food. I love pizza. I love chocolate. I love .........non healthy foods!  -  I have found that I can still eat all of these, just not on an every day basis like I was.  It really does help.  

No comments:

Post a Comment