Saturday, January 12, 2013

Happy New Year

I can't believe I have not posted since September!   Life has been kind of busy lately.
Let's see.... In September, my husband and I participated in the Talladega Half Marathon and 5k Race.  That wasn't my best 5k.. It wasn't my work either. My husband had only ran his FIRST race (a 5k) two weeks prior to this, but I am so proud of him. He ran and didn't stop for the entire 13.1 miles! He finished in about 2 hours and 14 minutes. This is incredible time!!! Especially for someone who was NEW to Running!
He has done an excellent job, lost a good deal of weight since then (including having to nearly buy an entire new wardrobe of clothing because all of his were too big!) What a great reason!!!!!

I'm impressed with my times from my Races so far. Although I have only ran 5k's, Its been fun.
Let's recount this year of races for me.
My very first 5k ever, (I walked most of it) my time was 43 mins even.
My second 5k was the Talladega Half Marathon and 5k and my time was 39 minutes
and then the Liz Hurley 5k which I did in November with both my husband and our oldest child, Our 9 year old boy (who has run several 5k's so far) was 37 minutes.  I've also participated in various VIRTUAL 5k runs as well.

I took off the month of December for running because it was really hard (schedule wise)..-I know. BAD MOMMY!  and I am paying for it now.

For the Year of 2013..Here is what I have planned so far.
My goal is to run 500 miles, with hopes of hitting 1000 before Dec 31 2013.
I have the Dirty Girl Mud run, that I am running with a few of my members from our Moms RUN this town chapter in our area.  If you are a runner, check out www.MomsRUNthistown.com   and find a chapter near you.  We have over 300 chapters across the nation and Canada. It's a free running club for moms (You can be any kind of mom, Moms of humans, mom of pets, basically as long as you have the required body parts of a woman, you can join!  ;)   Whether you walk, jog or run! Push a stroller, carry a leash, or just an ipod... Check us OUT!


In April, I have the SuperHero Scramble.  This is a 5-6 mi run with 20+ obstacles. These aren't your everyday obstacles and looks to be MUCH harder than the warrior dash.. If you like mud runs and want to be covered in SLIME, you need to go to www.superheroscramble.com and check them out.

I also would like to run in the "Lead me to the Cross" this year, as well as the Cotton Row Run again in May.  If I can, I would LOVE my first half marathon to be the Huntsville Half in November 2013.

I encourage you all to check out http://www.losebigfat.com/ as this site has a ton of information on becoming healthy!

I hope you all had a great 2012, and I look forward to posting more in 2013!
With the official launch of my Girls Modest & Fun clothing line (www.kallialba.com) and still doing the Bridal Line full speed, Its going to be a busy year.

No comments:

Post a Comment