Tuesday, January 15, 2013

What a COLD tuesday!

While most of the schools around this part of the state have a two hour delay this morning, our school system does not..   Brrrr!  I almost feel bad that my kiddo's have to go outside in this FREEZING weather.. After all, we live in the South..It just shouldn't get cold? Right?  That is what everyone always says... Little known fact about the South.. ON ANY randon fall/spring/ Winter day..You'll find you might just use your heat AND your air conditioner in the same day....  It happens almost every spring.. At nights, its COLD.. During the days it gets up in the 70s and maybe 80s. It's insane.. We've had snow.. We've even had a couple of blizzards...  I don't like cold. I'll never complain about it being 70 degrees, ANY TIME OF YEAR.

Okay, getting on with our post for the day.. I'm always on the lookout for health and information sites regarding how to live a healthier life.  I am  a fan of various pages on facebook of fitness models, motivational fitness people, Clean eating, etc.    I Love learning new ways, I just need to learn to implement them into my everyday life.

I came across a site called Lose Big Fat .  It has a TON of information on it and yesterday there was an awesome motivational speaker on there.  (It didnt neccessarily deal with weightloss, but being successful in general and he made some really really good points).  The site is updated several times a day with new information and articles.  I'm already a huge fan.  They also have a facebook page, which will alert you of new postings to the website.  It's a really great site and I've been learning a ton.

One of my favorite posts is about something that MANY people forget.  Instead of watching the scale go "down"...it may stay the same and might even raise a little maybe  making you think you are gaining weight..
But have you  "measured"... Yes. get out that measuring tape.  Muscle weighs more than fat, but is MUCH more attractive.  If you have lean muscle then you are going to look better even at the same weigh you are now, than if you just have fat and no muscle.   Measuring yourself is one of the best ways of knowing whats going on? Whether its muscle or fat.  You main gain an inch in your arms over time but your arms may also appear more slim!   You could be losing inches in your hips and thighs too?  But the scale may not change much.

You have to go visit this page and search through all the tons of information.... I'm heading there now, to see what their newest update is!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment